Sunday, December 16, 2012

Peanut butter choc-chip Xmas trees!



Let me just start by saying I'm not really that much of a peanut butter fan, but I saw these on another blog and had to try them. I altered the recipe slightly to what I had on hand, and they just look so cute.

What you'll need:

1.5 cups smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup golden syrup
1/4 block vegan dark chocolate finely chopped
2 tsp vanilla essence

1 tin coconut milk (chilled)
1 packet finely desiccated coconut
green food colouring
Rainbow choc chips (or other sweets to decorate)

Mix the first four ingredients together until well combined, if your using an electric mixer make sure you only mix for a very sort time or the oil will begin to separate from the peanut butter.

Mix desiccated coconut with a few drops of food colouring until it has reached a shade if green that you like, and then pour into a shallow dish. Pour coconut milk into a shallow dish also.

Shape your peanut butter mixture into small xmas tree shapes (I will describe mine as vaguely xmas tree shaped) once shaped roll each tree in coconut milk and then the green desiccated coconut (you may need to repeat this process to get a completely green tree, I dipped each tree twice). Once all your trees are nice and green press rainbow choc-chips into the sides (I found they would stay there with a little gentle coaxing), if you are using larger lollies to decorate you may need a chocolate or icing mixture to get them to stick.
I reshaped any that started sagging and a little refrigeration time will really help these tree's to stay nice, and firm, and upright.



No comments:

Post a Comment