Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Vegan White Christmas



I'd never actually had white christmas before I went vegan, so I have nothing to compare this too, but it was a pretty big hit at the work christmas morning tea. I think these tasted better after a day or two of refrigeration,  it really seemed to meld the flavours. You could use any fruit that you like, I just used what I had in the pantry.

What you'll need:

2 cups rice bubbles
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
Half a block of copha (melted)

1/2 cup glace cherries (chopped)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup shredded coconut
A handful of sultanas
1/3 cup of icing sugar
1/2 block vegan white chocolate (optional)

Patty pans in a mini muffin tray

Place 3/4 cup of desiccated coconut in a food processor and process until it becomes powdery and crumbly (2 minutes or so). Melt copha in a saucepan and then add processed coconut and mix well.
In a large mixing bowl mix rice bubbles, dried fruit and nuts and icing sugar, stir in copha mixture. Place a few spoonfuls into the patty pans until all the mixture is used.  Refrigerate until hard (at least an hour) and then serve, these will last for a few weeks in the fridge and like I said I think they're tastier after at least a day of refrigeration.
Once mine were hard I melted some white chocolate and piped it over the top and then refrigerated again until hard.
 Enjoy Xx



1 comment:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete